What's that? Welcome to your world?! Well, so glad to know I'm in like company! Whether it's spray painting the crap out of something, tackling a craft project I spied on Pinterest four months ago or redecorating the mantel for spring, it all has to take it's lowly place on the lengthy to do list until such a day arrives that I actually have a few spare minutes and I'm motivated to accomplish something extra.
Fortunately, a couple of those days rolled around recently and I actually knocked out several things on said list over the past couple weeks. And since I'm so proud of those small details that equal big accomplishments in my world, here's the run of the upgrades...
- In Harrison and Kailey's room, I finally got around to hanging the turquoise mirror and a few boyish football accents on the wall. A few months ago, I added the cardboard letters that spell their name, which I painted in an ombre pattern with simple craft paint, and decorated them with stickers and a burlap pennant banner for Harrison's name. This room has come a loooong way from it's original red, gold and green walls!
- At long last, my DIY chalk paint makeover dresser has handles! I found the oil bronzed bronze beauties at Target and the husband installed them for me next day.
- On top of the dresser, I replaced the bulky tray that held all the diaper changing essentials with a small basket that holds wipes, butt cream and hand saniziter. Then I used the top two side drawers to hold regular diapers, overnight diapers and extra baby wipes. (We usually change them upstairs in the morning and after naps.)
- In our bedroom next door, I nailed four little star-headed nails into the wall above our bed and below the wall decal inscription. Naturally, Bam Bam was there to witness the hammer action and also decided to hide in the pillows. Boo! (You can see more of our master bedroom here.)
- Outside the bedroom doors and at the top of the stairs, I hung a piece of turquoise cross wall art that I got for $20 at Hobby Lobby recently, as well as a photo frame that was gifted to me last Christmas. Now I just need to add some family photos!
- And down the stairs, past my collection of crosses that I adore looking at every day, I added two candle wall sconces on either side of the window, as well as our diplomas on the adjoining wall space. We moved my desk upstairs awhile back so we don't have an official office anywhere, but I certainly don't want our diplomas gathering dust! I personally take a great amount of pride in that piece of paper since I self-funded and managed my entire college degree. ;)
- Back downstairs, I updated the fireplace mantel in the play room since I was tired of seeing the bookends and huge row of books I'd originally stashed up there. It looks a little more spring-like to me, with both real and faux greenery, a cowboy boot that was gifted to us, a small sheep I bought in Scotland and a ceramic owl from Hobby Lobby. I also stored chalk, crayons and paint brushes in glass mason jars for easy access!
- Nearby in the laundry room, I hung the framed photos of our beloved pets. The two cats at the top are July and Snowball, both of whom I lost within the past year and miss dearly. The bottom row are our two dogs, Shiner and Jersey, who rule the backyard. I really enjoy seeing these photos every day, especially while I'm doing laundry! The room has a pet-theme going on and will hopefully soon have a coat of some sort of dark blue-green paint in the future. The frames were sale finds at Ross.
- Down the hall in our "adult living room"—where not a single baby toy resides!—I added a table runner from Ikea to the top of the piano where I display all my fancy frames with some of my favorite keepsake photos. I like the subtle color accent, since the room is pretty neutral!
- In the opposite corner of the room, I added a turquoise bookcase I scored at a little boutique that shared the same parking lot of the condo that myself and five other quad mamas stayed in for a weekend! It's the perfect souvenir for an unforgettable trip. :)
- The husband has been busy with projects of his own, completing a perfectly built work bench in the garage, a play ground in the backyard, and now he's begun work on the fence to surround the latter so the quads stayed contained and momma doesn't sweat buckets chasing everyone around the yard and through dog poop (true story)!
- I added a little backyard addition of my own with some freshly potted flowers and a fern—all done with the dirt tossing, petal pulling aid of eight little hands—which I can both enjoy outside and also from the view in my kitchen. I love flowers.
- Last but certainly not least, I've wrapped the quad's birthday gifts for their rapidly approaching party! I cannot BELIEVE they turn two next weekend (May 31) and we can't wait to celebrate! Since the kiddos adore Bubble Guppies, that's the theme we chose for the shindig we'll be hosting at home. Stay tuned for some cute party details. And read all about their arrival into this world here and their first birthday at the lake here!